Travel Diary 0.1, 8th Feb 2017

It's not easy to decide whether I am going for this trip or not. After I finished my exam in May 2016, I asked my parents whether they want to go for a graduation trip or not. They said it's up to me. So I think it's quite expensive and too much of a burden for me since I do not have any savings at that time. I decided not to go and they asked whether I can attend the graduation ceremony in Singapore, if I can, they can also easily come visit Singapore. But I can't because I was doing private studies and the ceremony they hold is for their students who joined and studied at their institutions. When Mom knows that I can't attend the ceremony, she asked me to check for the gown and hire it and take a graduation photoshoot with parents. I can feel that she wants to attend for her son's graduation ceremony. So I decided, Okay Mom, we will go to UK. Do not worry about money. I will try to make it happen.
You know parents. Sometimes they are quite tough to deal with. They will never say straight about what they want. The problem is they know too much about us and sometimes they try to close the gap between what we want and what they want without letting us know their intentions. But only after some time, you found out about that. It is seemed not honest to me. Sometimes I am glad that they do their job as parents. So the trip is confirmed and I started planning for financing and travel. At first, I only want to go to London just for graduation. But they said it's not worth. Mom asked her friends who have been to UK and she said we can rent an apartment and save some costs and stay there for more days. Since I do not have enough leave to stay for long in London. I rejected the idea. I will stay at the hotel with a reasonable price but just for a week. Another week in Singapore for my parents to visit after London. Quite frankly saying, I think I will not be quite comfortable as in Singapore in any other country. Travel always brings some sorts of uncomfortable things. Some people can take those as experience and having a life. But not for me. But I do enjoy though. Of course who doesn't like travel right.
I booked at Central Park Hotel, Queensborough Terrace which is 30 min bus drive away from Barbican Centre, Silk Street where the graduation ceremony will be held.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

အပြစ်ဟူသည်

The awakening of a society

Travel Diary 1.5